Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Hobbit



After a long break from blogging I'm back and trying to do a few more.... perhaps a short clips will help. I recently had the chance to finish The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. This is one that has been on my mental "to read" list for a while.

Let me say that I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The story of Bilbo is a very different adventure than Lord of the Rings. Bilbo is a very creative hobbit who ends up helping himself and his friends on their adventure. He runs into trouble and ends up saving the day several times. Bilbo's travels through Middle Earth give you a little picture of different areas and people. You meet the eagles, encounter Gollum, and a dragon in his lair. This was a fun quick read and I plan to move onto the LOTR trilogy soon. Also, I am pleased to announce that The Hobbit is being made into a movie in 2012. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment